*CONTRACT COSTS AND PAYMENT TERMS
Student and Sponsor (if applicable) agree to pay the school the tuition and fees for the program selected according to the approved payment plan. The school may, at its option and without notice, prevent student from attending class until any applicable unpaid balance or payments are satisfied. School will charge additional tuition for hours remaining after the contract ending date at the rate of $15 per clock hour, or any part thereof, payable in advance until graduation. The school may charge a $10.00 transcript fee for transcript requests. The school will charge a registration fee for students enrolling or transferring to the school of $100.00. The school will charge a reentry fee to students who have withdrawn and wish to re enter more than 30 days after terminatoon, of $100.00.
The tuition rates current at the time of reentry will apply to the balance of training hours needed for students who re enroll more than 30 days after the formal withdrawal date unless mitigating circumstances apply. Methods of payment include full payment at time of signing the Enrollment Agreement, registration fee paid at time of signing agreement with balance paid prior to start date or through an approved payment plan as stated herein. Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, credit card or through non-federal agency or loan programs. Students are responsible for paying the total tuition and fees and for repaying applicable loans plus interest.
GENERAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT
- Shall provide programs of study that meets minimum curriculum requirements as prescribed by the state regulatory agency.
- May change kit contents, textbooks, dress code, curriculum format, teaching materials or educational methods at its discretion.
- Will grant a diploma of graduation and Official Transcript of Hours for the applicable course when the student has successfully completed all phases of study, required tests, practical assignments; passed a final comprehensive written and practical examination; completed the program of study according to State requirements; completed all exit paperwork; attended an exit interview and made satisfactory arrangements for payment of all debts owed to the school.
- Will issue an Official Transcript of Hours to students who withdraw prior to program completion when the student has successfully completed the required exit paperwork, attended an exit interview and made satisfactory arrangements for debts owed the school as approved by the School.
- Will assist graduates in finding suitable employment by posting area employment opportunities and teaching Job Readiness classes, but placement is not
- May terminate a student’s enrollment for noncompliance with General Policies, this contract, or State Laws and Regulations; Improper conduct or any action which causes or could cause bodily harm to a client, a student, or employee of the school; willful destruction of school property; and theft or any illegal act.
- Agrees to make payment arrangements acceptable to Brown Beauty Barber School for all outstanding debts.
- Agrees to pay applicable state fees and provide all required registration paperwork in a timely manner.
- Agrees to comply with all Standards of Conduct, General Policies, State Laws and Regulations, and educational requirements including clinic assignments.
- Agrees to provide all financial aid documents, if applicable, in the designated time frame.
- Agrees to comply with the assigned schedule for the applicable program of study, which may be modified at the school’s discretion.
- Understands that if he/she is a Title IV financial aid recipient, * minimum attendance and grade requirements must be maintained for satisfactoryacademic progress; failure to comply will result in loss of eligibility for financial aid according to the policy found in the catalog.
- Understand that he/she is responsible for the state licensing exam fees and other examination or licensing related expenses.
- The VA student agrees to furnish high school diploma/GED and official transcripts, including military, for prior and education and training for evaluation and credit will be granted, if appropriate, and the training period shortened.
For applicants who cancel enrollment or students who withdraw from enrollment a fair and equitable settlement will apply. The following policy will apply to all terminations for any reason, by either party, including student decision, course or program cancellation, or school closure. Any monies due the applicant or students shall be refunded within 45 days of official cancellation or withdrawal. Official cancellation or withdrawal shall occur on the earlier of the dates that:
An applicant is not accepted by the school. The applicant shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
A student (or legal guardian) cancels his/her enrollment in writing within three business days of signing the enrollment agreement. In this case all monies collected by the school shall be refunded, regardless of whether or not the student has actually started classes. A student cancels his/her enrollment after three business days of signing the contract but prior to starting classes. In these cases he/she shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid to the school less the registration fee in the amount of $100.
A student notifies the institution of his/her withdrawal in writing.
A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he/she will not be returning. The date of withdrawal shall be the earlier of the date of expiration of the leave of absence or the date the student notifies the institution that the student will not be returning. A student is expelled by the school. (Unofficial withdrawals will be determined by the institution by monitoring attendance at least every 30 days.) In type 2, 3, 4 or 5, official cancellations or withdrawals, the cancellation date will be determined by the postmark on the written notification, or the date said notification is delivered to the school administrator or owner in person. For students who enroll and begin classes but withdraw prior to course completion (after three business days of signing the contract), the following schedule of tuition earned by the school applies. All refunds are based on scheduled hours:
All refunds will be calculated based on the students last date of attendance. Any monies due a student who withdraws shall be refunded within 45 days of a determination that a student has withdrawn, whether officially of unofficially. In the case of disabling illness or injury, death in the student’s immediate family or other documented mitigating circumstances, a reasonable and fair refund settlement will be made. If the school closes permanently and ceases to offer instruction after a student has enrolled, and instruction has begun, the school will provide a pro rata refund of tuition OR participate in a teachbout agreement. If the course/program is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, and before instruction in the course/program has begun, the school will either provide a full refund of all monies paid or completion of the course/program at a later time. If the course/program is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the school will either provide a full refund of all monies paid or completion of the course/program at a later time. If the course/program is cancelled after students have enrolled and instruction has begun, the school shall provide a pro rata refund for all students transferring to another school based on the hours accepted by the receiving school OR provide completion of the course/program OR participate in a TeachbOut Agreement OR provide a full refund of all monies paid.
Students who withdraw or terminate prior to course/program completion are charged a cancellation or administrative fee of $100.00. This refund policy applies to tuition and fees charged in the enrollment agreement. Other miscellaneous charges the student may have incurred at the institution (EG: extra kit materials, books, products, unreturned school property, etc.) will be calculated separately at the time of withdrawal. All fees are identified in the catalog and in this enrollment agreement.
VA students who fail to enter the program or withdraw on the first day of class are entitled to a 100% refund within 40 days and the school may retain up to $10.00 of the registration fee.
* The School is not currently eligible to participate in federal Title IV Financial Aid Programs